Monday, June 18, 2012

SUPY


There are several places to do yoga other than on a yoga mat in a studio: in the office break room, at the airport waiting for your connection, on the beach, in a box, with a fox, here, there, and everywhere (I should stop now before I mention in a house with a mouse).  For a while, I thought I'd done yoga everywhere imaginable (except while scuba diving), then a friend invited me to do Stand-Up Paddle board Yoga (SUPY).  It was amazing practicing yoga in the water with the birds and the fish and the sunshine!  It was a fun way to challenge my yogic balance, strength, and focus.  I'd recommend SUPY to anyone with an interest in yoga and nature.

Getting their sea legs
Modified Bow Pose and still afloat!

These are a couple of pictures from a small SUPY class I taught last month.  Hopefully I'll get more pictures to post soon!

Contact info for Wrightsville SUP:
http://www.facebook.com/WrightsvilleSUP
http://wrightsvillesup.com/
(910) 378-9283

SUPY group classes to begin soon!  Saturdays @7am!

No comments:

Post a Comment